Pages

Friday 20 January 2017

SLJ ~ Summer Learning Journey Day 20 Week 4

Day 20: Return to New Zealand
Your trip has now come to an end and it’s time to fly back to New Zealand. As you board the airplane, you start to think about all of the people who will be waiting to pick you up from the airport in Auckland and you get very excited. It’s time to go home!Auckland image.jpeg


http://www.conventionsnz.co.nz/
Activity 1
Imagine that you have just arrived at the airport in Auckland. Your whole family is there to greet you. They can’t wait to hear all about your trip! You decide that you’ll go home and have a special meal together to celebrate your return. Your mum offers to make you anything that you would like to eat. On your blog, tell us what you would choose to have for your special meal.

If it was me, I would ask for homemade hamburgers with ketchup, American-style mustard, onions, tomato and lettuce; Cajun-style wedges with tomato sauce and Greek salad with cherry tomatoes and lots of feta cheese. For dessert I would ask for vanilla cake with chocolate icing and neopolitan ice cream. What would you ask for?
I would most likely eat most of New Zealand’s Junk food since I have been in Canada & Japan but I would like to switch it up (Who knows, Canada & Japan has changed me). Like a crispy chicken (homemade) salad wrap. (Appetizer). Main ~ Some “Island Style food”, Desert ~ Image result for Nice Desserts.. Mmm. :)
Activity 2
After four full weeks of planning and travelling, you are now safely back in New Zealand. You have now had some time to relax and to reflect on your experiences. What are two things that you have learned from your travels? On your blog, tell us about any two things that you have learned.
Japan
#1 ~ Over 70 % of Japan consists of Mountains, even including over 200 Volcanoes. (Wow)
#2 ~ Japan sometimes have acid rain, (Which I never knew could happen).
Canada
#1 ~ Canada has diversity, and has French as a language, I never knew that!
#2 ~ During the 1775 and 1812, Canada had been invaded by the USA.
Bonus Activity
School is about to start again for a new year. Yay! Imagine that you walked into your classroom and your teacher asked you to stand up in front of the class and talk about the country that you visited. On your blog, you can:
  1. Post a short video clip of yourself talking about the country that you visited and the things that you learned (1 – 2 minutes)
  2. Type out what you would say to the class if you had 1 – 2 minutes to speak.
  3. While visiting Japan & Canada, I have learnt a lot about each country, the experience I have had during my trips was amazing! Did you all know that over 70 % of Japan consists of Mountains, even including over 200 Volcanoes and Japanese sometimes have acid rain.
* Have time for questions about Japan*
Moving onto Canada, I just love Canada and I used to always think of America towards Canada. But did you all know that Canada has diversity ~ Which is a range of different things, and has French as a language. Wow! Right? But during the 1775 and 1812, Canada had been invaded by the USA.
* Questions about Canada *
Rachel has my video!

6 comments:

Davarni said...

Hi Aaliyahna,

It's been fun reading your blog post. I like your choice in food ( you remind me of myself). Good luck on winning. I know you'll win.

Sincerly your bestfreind

Luisa said...

Hey Aaliyahna
Congratulations on finishing the Sml. Great job, you have inspired me as I wrote each and every post on my blog. Thank you for that. As Davarni has said, I hope you win too! but I hope I win too. This journey has been fun. Good luck !!
Sincerely Luisa

Unknown said...

Hi Aaliyahna,

You chose 2 very very different countries to visit and study!! It sounds as though you have enjoyed them both.

Living in Canada close to the capital city of Ottawa, I can say that our two official languages are both spoken all of the time. It's very fun to walk down the street and hear French and English spoken all around me.

Do you speak a second language, or a third?

It sounds as though you were surprised to learn that there were wars fought between the United States and Canada. Fortunately we now have a friendly relationship with our neighbour, the USA, but that wasn't always the case.

Canada is happy to be a peaceful country, like New Zealand. Sometimes we work with Kiwis on peace-keeping missions around the world. Isn't that great?!

I hope that you'll have a chance to come to Canada one day and learn even more about our very big country!

Good blogging!

Leslie

Unknown said...

Great Job Aaliyahna with finishing the Summer Learning Journey. I never knew that Japan sometimes have acid rain and that Canada french was an official language of Canada!

Great Job Harrison

Unknown said...

Hi Aaliyahna,

Huge congratulations on completing the entire Summer Learning Journey. What an awesome accomplishment! Both Mark and I are so proud of you.

Way to go!

I am looking forward to seeing you when I come into Glenbrae School early in Term 1 to hand out the certificates and prizes to the Summer Learning Journey participants.

See you in a few weeks :)

Rachel

Unknown said...

Congratulations on placing second in the Summer Learning Journey blogging programme this past holiday, Aaliyahna. You were a blogging star! I will see you on Friday at the assembly when I come to hand out the SLJ prizes and certificates!

See you in a couple of days :)

Rachel

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.