Pages

Wednesday 28 December 2016

SLJ ~ Summer Learning Journey Day 12 Week 3

Day 12 – As Seen on T.V...
Today you wake up and you are feeling quote tired after all of your sightseeing so you decide to spend the day relaxing in front of the TV. When you turn on the TV you decide to scroll through the channels to see what local television programmes and movies are like in your country. You are amazed! In some cases it is pretty different from what is on TV in New Zealand. To see what is popular in your country, click on the links below and watch the video. In some cases, they will be in different languages!
Canada – Caillou – Fun in the Mud [22:02 minutes]
Japan – Anpanman: Ironman vs. Japanese Ghost [2:47 minutes]
Activity 1
On your blog provide a short review of the video from your country. In your review please tell us:
  1. The name of the television show
Anpanman: Ironman v Japanese Ghost
  1. What you liked about the show
It had bits of funny scenes when it came to the Japanese Ghosts. Ironman had nice features! I really enjoyed this short film but...
  1. What you didn’t like about the show
From my opinion the sound effects weren’t my likely but other then that It was AMAZING!!!

I would definitely rate this movie a Image result for 4.5 star movie rating
Finally, at the end of the review, give the video a rating out of 5 stars with 5 stars (*****) being amazing and 1 star (*) being terrible
Activity 2
Most of us like to watch TV when we have the chance. One of my favourite television shows, at the moment, is called Veep. It’s a show about a woman who becomes the President of the United States. It’s pretty funny! I watch Veep on HBO every Monday night.
What is your favourite television show at the moment? On your blog, tell us the name of your favourite television show and tell us, briefly, what it is about.
Personally my favourite TV show right now is MacGyver (2016 Version). Most people may think this TV show is quite boring but I love it! It’s about a clever, very clever man named Angus MacGyver and he is on a mission to find out what happens with his girlfriend Nikki. He and his organization have worked out a new sighting for their investigations. They are now called the “Phoenix Foundation”. Angus, Jack, Director Thornton, Riley and Bozer set off for an amazing adventure. Angus is a very smart/clever he can legit make anything you would need! Jack he is the protector of Angus - he protects him and helps him whatever he needs. Director Thornton is the leader and main person who directs them where they go. Riley is the computer hacker/genius! Bozer well, it’s complicated for him, Angus had been lying to him since… forever until he finally found out, now he works for the “Phoenix Foundation” creating masks - special ones!
Bonus Activity
Find a Youtube clip of a popular television show from New Zealand. Upload the link to your blog. Beside the link tell us the name of the show and tell us what is happening in the clip.
Image result for shortland streetLink to Shortland Street ~ I didn’t quite pick one so I pasted a link which makes you the person who chooses the episode. The Shortland Street series can be very serious going down to funny! Enjoy what most New Zealanders watch!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning Aaliyahna!

Thanks so much for embedding these great links into your blog post. It made it much easier to view the episodes that you were referring to and reflect on your written blog as we watched. Great work!

I must admit that I smiled to myself when I read that MacGyver is your favourite television show at the moment. I didn't realise that there was an updated version of the show until I read your blog. Interestingly, I used to watch the original MacGyver television show with a friend of mine from Canada back in the mid-1990s. He was a HUGE fan!

I will definitely call him to let him know that there is a new version. I am positive that he will want to watch it. I will also encourage him to check out an episode of Shortland Street. It truly is an iconic programme here in New Zealand, isn't it? I had never heard of it before I moved to New Zealand but I now watch the odd episode with my family. It can be pretty dramatic sometimes, can't it?

I hope that you will have the chance to watch some television over the holiday and relax. It's so important to strike a balance between work and play and you are clearly working very hard on the Summer Learning Journey programme. We are all really impressed by you!!

Keep up the great work, Aaliyahna.

All the best,

Rachel :)

Aaliyahna M said...

Hi Rachel, yes I AM a huge fan on MacGyver! I am certain (Maybe) that your friend would like to watch the updated one! Thank you so much!

Cheers,

Aaliyahna!

Unknown said...

Hi Aaliyahna,

You are a MacGyver fan, how cool! You gave an excellent description of the program. Well done! It seems that you enjoy adventure programs. I enjoy that kind of program too. Quite often my husband and I will watch British mystery series because the British create really complicated stories for their shows. It's always hard to know what will happen next and that makes for a good program!

Thank you for providing the link to Shortland. I'll give it a go!! I'm keen to learn about shows that Kiwis most enjoy!

I hope you're enjoying your summer holiday time! It's hard to believe that you've been out of school for a couple of weeks now! Enjoy!

Leslie

Unknown said...

Hi Aaliyahna,

You are a MacGyver fan, how cool! You gave an excellent description of the program. Well done! It seems that you enjoy adventure programs. I enjoy that kind of program too. Quite often my husband and I will watch British mystery series because the British create really complicated stories for their shows. It's always hard to know what will happen next and that makes for a good program!

Thank you for providing the link to Shortland. I'll give it a go!! I'm keen to learn about shows that Kiwis most enjoy!

I hope you're enjoying your summer holiday time! It's hard to believe that you've been out of school for a couple of weeks now! Enjoy!

Leslie

Unknown said...

Kia ora Aaliyahna,

I remember watching the re-runs of MacGyver as a kid with my dad. It was pretty cool and I didn't even know there was a new series! I'll have to check it out, although I really liked the actor from the old series, so I hope the new actor is just as good.

When I lived in South Korea my favourite show was Running Man and EVERYONE knows about it over there. It's a pretty funny game show when the main crew plays silly games against celebrities.

I hope you're having a great holiday and I'm really excited that my rotation around the student blogs has taken me back to your blogs finally haha!

Mark

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.