Pages

Friday 23 December 2016

SLJ ~ Summer Learning Journey Day 7 Week 2

Day 7 – It’s Time for Breakfast!
You made it safely to your hotel and feel fast asleep. You’ve now woken up and are ready to start your day. Before you start, however, you need to eat some breakfast. Imagine that you and your whanau have walked out of the hotel and into a restaurant across the street. At the restaurant you are offered a traditional breakfast meal. Scroll through the examples below to see a picture of what is commonly eaten in your country for breakfast.
Canada – Pancakes with maple syrup
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Pancakes and maple syrup (updated).jpg

Japan – White rice, fish, meso soup and natto (fermented beans)
Activity 1
Compare the picture of common breakfast foods in the country you’ve chosen with what you typically eat for breakfast here in New Zealand. I usually have a bowl of sultana bran cereal with trim milk and a cup of tea. What about you? On your blog, please tell us:
  1. What you eat for breakfast
I basically eat Weet- Bix and some milo! Or some days I have normal fruit or just yogurt.
(Unless it’s spoilt/airport morning! ~ Where I rapidly eat pancakes!
  1. What people in your chosen country eat for breakfast
Preferably Pancakes, yes!

  1. Which of the two breakfast options (your breakfast or the breakfast in the other country) you prefer. Why do you prefer it?
From my perspective, I would usually, always want to eat Pancakes but not this time :) I would like to eat my normal breakfast routine. Why? Well it’s because, sometimes pancakes have a lot of sugar and because I’m quite used to my normal breakfast! (Just kidding ~ I actually do like Pancakes/Waffles for Breakfast!)
Image result for Yogurt and Fruit

In Canada, Canadians eat Pancakes with Maple Syrup (Which I LOVE)  and Japanese eat, White Rice, Miso Soup, Fish and Natto.
Activity 2
Some of the most famous foods to come out of New Zealand include kiwifruit, lamb, whitebait, oysters, tuatua (shellfish), kumara, bacon and egg pie, hokey pokey ice cream, lolly cake, anzac biscuits and pavlova. Take a picture of you (or someone you know!) eating one of these famous ‘kiwi’ foods. Post the picture to your blog. Underneath the picture tell us what they are eating.
Screenshot 2016-12-06 at 4.29.10 PM.png What am I eating? Well, you may not see what exactly i’m eating but, I have a Gold Kiwifruit and some Hokey Pokey Ice Cream on my spoon!
Bonus Activity
According to numerous researchers and fitness experts, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. They argue that people who eat breakfast will have more energy, be in a better mood, be able to think more clearly, do better at school and end up healthier than people who don’t eat breakfast.
Interestingly, not everyone agrees. In fact, some people believe that breakfast is not the most important meal of the day because people often eat too much food at breakfast time, gain weight and become unhealthy. They think that it is better to skip breakfast and eat a number of small meals later in the day. After reading the arguments presented above, what do you think? Is breakfast the most important meal of the day? Why or why not?
I am going to argue yes Breakfast is good, all through my statements may not be correct but, this is from my own opinion!
The first reason why breakfast is good for you is because it would give you a healthy and good day. When you eat your breakfast after a nice and good sleep you will be able to have more energy and good start for the day!
My next reason is because, eating breakfast gives you a long term health. This means that when you're eating breakfast you will be able to get healthier in less time and be controlled.
Breakfast is important to everyone so make sure to eat your breakfast and take note of what breakfast can do in your life!
Image result for Eating Breakfast family

6 comments:

cherise said...

Nice work nanz
Keep going
Hehe I agree breakfast is important

Aaliyahna M said...

HAHA! Thank you Cherise���� nice work on your Summer Learning Journey, Your doing amazing��

Danni Stone said...

Hi Aaliyahna,

You make a good point about the pancakes containing lots of sugar, although they taste good and would be a nice treat breakfast, your current breakfast sounds better for you. The Japanese breakfast is very different from the other two, it would be a good experience to try it one day!

Well done for doing so well with the Summer Learning Journey so far.

Aaliyahna M said...

Hi Miss Stone, Thank you so much for your input, I really appreciate it! Merry Christmas, Take Care and God Bless!

Kelsey said...

Hello from Ontario, Canada! Read your blog about pancakes and breakfast, and just have to say, pancakes with maple syrup really are the best thing in the world! They aren't healthy but they are delicious. We don't have them often because syrup is expensive, even though it is made right in our town, and because pancakes are very high in calories and carbohydrates. But they are good!

Unknown said...

Hi Aaliyahna!

This is great work! It is funny to hear such a similar opinion to my own. If I could eat pancakes every day then I would! But they are probably more of a treat breakfast at my house. When I did stay in Japan and honestly, rice, miso and eggs was what I usually had. It was nice and light. When I was in Korea I had rice and kimchi a lot too.

I am wondering if you can use chopsticks...

Looking forward to seeing more from you! Keep up the grand work!

Mark

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.