Pages

Saturday 31 December 2016

SLJ ~ Summer Learning Journey Day 14 Week 3

Day 14 – Powerful People
You are now fully recharged having spent the last few days watching TV and listening to music in your hotel room. You decide to go for a walk. As soon as you step outside you see a big bus drive past. On the side of the bus is a huge picture of the leader, the president/prime minister, of the country. They are the most powerful person in the whole country.

Scroll down to learn more about the prime minister and/or president for your chosen country.
Activity 1
Here in New Zealand, the prime minister of the country is the Honourable John Key. Imagine that you are Mr. Key and you have the power to create laws (rules) that all people in New Zealand would have to follow. If I (Rachel) were the prime minister I would make a rule that everyone should eat lollies for breakfast. What three (3) rules would you make up if you were the prime minister? On your blog tell us what your three rules would be.
* On a very hot day, people around the country buys each other (or a stranger) an ice cream/Ice Block.
* We have fundraisers for the homeless or unfortunate.
* Workersget enough time for a break, so they would enjoy it!
Activity 2
Some people say that the most powerful person in the world is the president of the United States. Her name is Hillary Clinton and she became the president this past November when she beat out her competitor, a man named Donald Trump. Google ‘Hillary Clinton’ to find out a little bit more about her. On your blog, post three interesting facts about Hillary.
Hillary Clintion was the very first women to be elected to the New York Senate.
During Clintions younger ages, she organizeda Baby- Sitting group for children across the Mexcian Border.
In class 235 at Yale Law, Clintion was among only 27 women.
Bonus Activity
Being the prime minister of a country is a big responsibility. Would you like to be the prime minister of New Zealand one day? On your blog tell us what you think. Would you like to be the prime minister?  Why or why not?
50/50
The reason why I wouldn't is because if I wouldn't want to be ashamed by - maybe a mistake or faulty issue. I would be so embarrassed for not being a good Prime Minister!
I would is because, I will be able to add my 3 rules from the first activity and because I would have big decisions/responsibilities.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Aaliyahna,

I love your new laws!!! They're so generous and thoughtful, showing how much you care for other people. Lovely!

I'm glad that you chose to learn a little bit about Hilary Clinton. Although she isn't a politician in my country, Canada, I have found her to be an inspiring woman as she has shown great courage in trying to make changes to help ordinary citizens in the US. She is very concerned about improving health care for all, and in improving the lives of the poor. I think you have a lot in common with her!

Although you are concerned that you might make some mistakes while being prime minister of New Zealand, I suspect that you would make many important things happen because you are so kind in your thinking. I hope that you will consider being a politician one day!

Leslie

Unknown said...

Hi Aaliyahna,

I love your new laws!!! They're so generous and thoughtful, showing how much you care for other people. Lovely!

I'm glad that you chose to learn a little bit about Hilary Clinton. Although she isn't a politician in my country, Canada, I have found her to be an inspiring woman as she has shown great courage in trying to make changes to help ordinary citizens in the US. She is very concerned about improving health care for all, and in improving the lives of the poor. I think you have a lot in common with her!

Although you are concerned that you might make some mistakes while being prime minister of New Zealand, I suspect that you would make many important things happen because you are so kind in your thinking. I hope that you will consider being a politician one day!

Leslie

Anonymous said...

Hi Aaliyahna,
Just wanted to say that you are doing great progress and just keep you good work up.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Jerome Atuahiva

Unknown said...

Kia ora again Aaliyahna!

What a great blog! It seems the question about is a bit outdated, as Donald Trump was the one who won! But apart from that you've provided some really good answers and laws. I hope that we get a PM that really looks after the poor and everyone too.

Having real breaks is important, but also being paid well is too. If you were PM, how would you argue that low wage workers deserve better pay?

I'd be interested in that answer.

Kia kaha, it looks like you haven't posted in a few days! I hope you're enjoying the break and to see you back online soon!

Mark

NZ Sports said...

Hi, i like your blog, i am working for swedish advertising company,i would like to buy an article on your blog and i couldnt find your contact. If you are interested please send me an email at ademir@mediaclever.se . Regards

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.