Pages

Tuesday 16 May 2017

πŸŒƒPeer Mediator Meeting πŸŒƒ

So recently, the house captains and a 'chunk' of other student were selected to be apart of the Peer Mediating Team.

Yesterday, we had just finished our Tuesday meeting. At the beginning, we talked about different scenarios that could lead to a conflict in school grounds. There were some including, stealing my money, someone mocking me, someone pushed me at my rugby game and etc. We also had short discussions about the ways to mediate around those scenarios, how to react and some ways which you can help students to prevent conflicts.

In the middle of the session, we did a bit of role - play, which includes ourselves finding a partner and picking a scenario which we would be able to reenact. My partner was Siosaia, from room 10 & we had scenario 3 (someone swore at me). We created a plot, which included myself turning around while Saia approaches me & say's a swear word (we replaced the word with "Thank You"). We had to create a negative side and positive side.

Overall the Peer Mediator Meeting/Session was truly amazing. I enjoyed learning extra about conflicts and the correct way to deal with it.
Image result for Peer Mediator

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.