Pages

Wednesday 19 July 2017

Day #6: Native Aotearoa : Activity 3

Bonus Activity: As part of the Matariki festival, there is a two day Kapa Haka competition. The haka is a traditional war dance that Maori performed before going into battle. The haka is now performed by children/adults in the community and by professional sporting teams, including our national rugby team, the ‘All Blacks.’  The All Blacks have performed various haka over the years. Watch the following three haka videos (1 – 3) and, on your blog, list the haka videos in order from best (#1) to worst (#3). There are no right or wrong answers ☺
My personal favorite was.... "DRUM ROLL PLEASE"... #3. Rugby World Cup 2011- All Blacks vs France, because their was a lot of aggression that was performed and I like the newest version, but I also love #1. World Cup 2015 – All Blacks vs Argentina basically, what I am saying is... I LOVED THEM ALL! They were all so alluring and how a Haka is performed! 10/10 for all!
Image result for HakaAt the end of your day at Te Papa, you head to your hotel in the centre of Wellington. You are staying on Cuba Street, one of the coolest streets in the city.

3 comments:

daniel said...

Hello Aaliyahna
I also think the haka the All Blacks performed when the opposed Argentina was the best. The look very strong and powerful! Keep up the amazing work.
Daniel

Luisa said...

Namaste,

I agree the the 1st haka is the best!, but over all, the hakas were preformed excellently!. Great work.

Kind regards,
Luisa

Telesia said...

Hello Aaliyahna,

Great Work! I personally loved all of the hakas especially the last one. I think you have gave us great summary's on each haka and I enjoyed it.

Keep up the great work!

~ Telesia

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.